We like to inform you regularly to assure you that we will take all measures to support you and to guarantee the supply of our products to your company. Via this update we would like to inform you on the recent developments we see, and how DFE Pharma is working to mitigate the side effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With regard to the business impact, we would like to share the following market developments seen by us and our status:
- The latest development is that the Indian government has taken necessary measures to deal with the COVID-19 spread in India, whereby all movements of people, transport, resources and products came to a full stand still by Thursday 26th of March 2020. At the meantime, the Indian government decided that COVID-19 critical products and production are exempted, being pharmaceutical products and related raw materials. DFE Pharma has taken all necessary precautions to guarantee its continuity of production and supply in and from India by:
o Arranging a DFE pharma shuttle service, whereby DFE Pharma employees are picked up from home and brought to DFE Pharma factories. This to safeguard the health of the DFE Pharma Employees and the production of DFE Pharma Excipients.
o Arranging that the local transport and delivery of DFE Pharma products to your company can continue. DFE Pharma arranged this exemption together will local governmental bodies, ministry of Indian pharmaceutical and chemical industry and Pharmaceutical Industrial Association.
- In the 3rd Update mail, we informed you on the New Zealand situation. Currently the production and supply of DFE Pharma products in and from its New Zealand production sites are and will not be affected further by the current COVID-19 measures taken by the New Zealand government. Meaning DFE Pharma is guaranteeing the continuity of supply from New Zealand.
- As presented to you in the former updates; the continuity of excipient production at DFE pharma’s other production sites in the Netherlands (5) and Germany (1) have not been affected by COVID-19.
- Measures taken by DFE Pharma to deal with the reduced container availability in the market have helped to mitigate the risk. We are still able to maintain our high levels of supply security. Together with our parent company and distribution partners we have established long-term agreements with major shipping companies which are paying off in times of distress. Through these contracts we can provide priority to containers if required. Unfortunately we notice that shipping companies will charge higher prices than contracted due to Force Majeure and limited availability of containers.
- Additionally, DFE Pharma runs a global network of own warehouses, e.g. in The Netherlands, Germany, USA, India and Japan; and a broad global distributor network, with multiple warehouses from which you can be supplied with DFE Pharma products.
- Next to container deliveries, DFE Pharma also has the possibility to supply you by different means of transport like bulk, truck/trailer, train and/or air deliveries.
Above measures will allow us to act flexibly within our own supply chain to ensure your delivery.
Overall we would like to assure you, that DFE Pharma is there to support you in the best way possible to safeguard your business continuity. We will keep you updated.